"I come to you with only karate - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my honor, or my principles, should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong, then here are my weapons - my empty hands."
1) A person's heart is the same as heaven and earth.
2) The blood circulating is the same as the moon and sun.
3) The manner of drinking (inhaling) and spitting (exhaling) is either hard or soft.
4) A person's unbalance is the same as a weight.
5) The body must be able to change direction at any time.
6) The time to strike is when the opportunity presents itself.
7) The eye must see all ways.
8) The ear must listen in every direction.